Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sometimes...

Yom Kippur, 5766, HaRav Kaduri, stated that Jews need to move to Eretz yisrael because there was going to be an increase of natural disasters and also to prepare for Moshiach's arrival.

This was after my husband and I had decided that we were going to make aliyah to Israel. But it sure helped us know we were on the right path.

Rav Kaduri was a Gadol Hador- one of the great scholars of our generation. The Ben Ish Chai and the Lubavetcher Rebbi both blessed him, that he would see Moshiach in his lifetime. He made very few statements, but those he made were purposeful and were to assist us in knowing more, and for being prepared.

I find it comforting that we have these words and those of the Naviim to help us at this time. I have felt a bit like a person afloat on a huge ocean with out any signs of land. These words help me immensely.

I was quoted on the blog Mystical Paths, and I was humbled greatly. After all, who am I? I'm only one woman who has faith that HaShem will be my shield and send our redeemer. There are a lot more women like me out there. But I can only aspire to their modesty, in that they have no need to share their views. I am compelled.

There are stories that, in very olden times, there were people who would sit in the marketplace or at the entrances of cities and remind the multitudes that HaShem controls all, and that he wants us to do teshuvah and return to Him. I feel like one of those people sometimes. It's hard to watch the majority go on living like there is no G-d (chas v'chalila).

There are people who believe that Rabbi Schneerson is still alive. That he is testing them by staying hidden for so long. There are those that believe that there is no such thing as Moshiach(G-d Forbid!), seriously misguided, depressed and eternally angry at us for even suggesting such a thing.

Then there are people who believe that, indeed, Moshiach is coming. That we have only so much time to return, that we have only so much waiting left to be done.

I live in Israel. I am on of those who are waiting. I wish I could convince more people - in a more eloquent way, that living life according to Torah is so freeing and so beautiful, that to live without it is a nightmare. We are not just people G-d created, we are His nation. We have to be different, we have to be moral, and good, and holy and pure. This is our Job. AND IT IS HARD IN THE BEGINNING! but then, it is so simple and so easy...

I know- I did it. I know it's scary to be looked at as a fanatic, as an extremist. All because you decided to change, to follow the path of HaShem. Sometimes I feel like I'm treading water and not swimming. Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough to influence people in the right way, to hope and know that our redemption will come- it's only a matter of time. Sometimes, I want the world to know that HaShem is watching us and loving us.

No comments: