Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Son Will Be A Soldier

Son#1 is going to his first appointment with the IDF induction officials. He'll be processed. Physical, psychometric testing and personal interviews.

I am nervous. I know that my son wants this, I know that he has goals to be career military. This is the end of our lives together. I got to be his daily dose of love. I loved him to maturity, I dared him to be better, to be more than he thought he could be. Now, I get to see if all the years have been effective. I am going to miss him so much next year and then for the years following.
He is attending a pre-army program. This program is four hours away, and I will not see him more than once a month. Then he'll come home for the summer and to the army next August. Actually - if my son has his way, he'll be in the Air Force. He's a super hero- a real life great warrior, and all around amazing guy.

This country better get itself together, I don't want to loose him. I have this deep fear that he's here only temporarily. Like Hashem will say Son#1's done his job, and now He wants my son back. I don't want to loose him. What Zionistic mom doesn't go through the same thing? Yet, something nags at me still.

I know, it will all be okay. It will. B'ezrat Hashem.

No comments: